Avondale Estates will be THE place to be this Independence Day!
Fourth of July Parade
The highly anticipated Avondale Estates Fourth of July Parade, a community tradition for years, returns in celebration of the nation’s birthday. The parade begins at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Berkeley Rd. and Clarendon Ave. on Tuesday, July 4, and will travel on Clarendon Ave. to S. Avondale Rd. More than 40 colorful units will participate including Lightning McQueen, Toy Story Pizza Planet truck, American Legion 66, Seed and Feed Marching Abominables, Stilt Walker and Avondale Elementary School.
This event is rain or shine.
Applications to participate in the parade are open until Friday, June 23, or until spaces are full. All motorized vehicles, floats and organized groups are required to complete an application. Participation in the parade is free. Please review the parade rules and apply to participate.
Residents are invited to join the Patriotic Brigade that will lead the parade. Citizens young and old can decorate wagons, scooters, strollers and bicycles to show off their patriotic spirit. Assemble on the front lawn of the Dekalb School of the Arts by 9:30 a.m. to be marshaled into the parade.
Questions? Please email the parade organizers.
Fireworks at the Town Green
Bring your blankets and chairs for a fun, festive Fourth at the Town Green. Enjoy games, food, activities, music that will be fun for the entire family. Fireworks will be launched from north of the Town Green and will light up the sky once it gets dark.
Food and beverage will be available for purchase starting at 6:30 p.m. from the following vendors (stay tuned for additions):
Transportation & Parking:
Parking will be limited. Please consider walking, biking and alternate modes of transportation. Some street closures will be in place including Oak Street starting at Washington for safety reasons.
Setting up at the Town Green:
While the Town Green will be open for the public to enjoy throughout the day on July 4, no personal belongings may be left at the park unattended. Please help keep the Town Green clean and safe by observing the following Town Green rules:
- Place all litter and recycling in receptacles.
- Keep pets on a leash except in designated areas. Pet owners must clean up after pets. We highly recommend leaving all pets at home on July Fourth due to the lights, loud noises and crowds.
- No glass containers.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No solicitation allowed.
- No enclosed tents or staked equipment without permission.
- No moonwalks, dunk tanks or any equipment that requires power except by special permit.
- No games or activities that could damage the lawns.
- No amplified music allowed except by special permit.
- No selling of food or other items except by special permit.
- No private events without a permit.
- No skateboarding or rollerblading inside the park.
- Call 911 to report any illegal activities.