Temporary Changes to Sanitation and Yard Waste PickupIn order to reduce transmission and maintain the health and safety of staff, Public Works employees are temporarily working with staggered crews and at a lower capacity. They ask for your assistance with the following:
To keep crews safe and services running smoothing during the COVID-19 pandemic, the crews are practicing social distancing, wearing masks and using hand sanitizer regularly. Shifts are staggered to ensure the continuation of service should illness strike.
We need you to be particularly diligent in doing your part to help us succeed. Remember social distancing guidelines when greeting crews. While we all want to say hello, the current health situation makes such interactions a higher risk. A wave, smile or similar gesture goes a long way during this time.
To better manage your request and complaints, please use the report form on the City's website. Please do not call our City employee’s cell phones. Picking up a call on a cell phone makes it difficult to track whether issue has gotten addressed.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we all navigate these difficult times.
|Date of Holiday Observance||Date of Rescheduled Pickup*|
|Martin Luther King Day, Monday, Jan. 17||Tuesday, Jan. 18 (whole City)|
|Memorial Day, Monday, May 30||Tuesday, May 31 (whole City)|
|Independence Day, Monday, July 4||Tuesday, July 5 (whole City)|
|Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 5||Tuesday, Sept. 6 (whole City)|
|Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11||Monday, Nov. 14 (whole City)|
|Thanksgiving holidays, Nov. 24 and 25||Monday, Nov. 28, regular pickup schedule|
|Christmas holidays: Dec. 23 and 26||Tuesday, Dec. 27, regular schedule resumes|
|New Year Holiday, Mon., Jan. 2, 2023||Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023 regular schedule resumes|
*Every intention will be made to pick up the entire city pending issues with crew, equipment or weather.
|Mon. & Thu. Collection|
|Bromley Rd.||Chatsworth Dr.||Charlbury Place||Chelsea Ct.|
|Clarendon Place||Coventry Close||Covington Hwy.||Dartmouth Ave.|
|Devon Ln.||Dunwick Dr.||Exeter Rd.||Fairfield Dr.||Fairfield Plaza|
|Franklin St.||Hampshire Ct.||Kensington Rd.
|Maple St.||Nottingham Dr.||Oak St.||Olive St.|
|Reese Way||South Avondale Rd.||Stratford Rd.
|Sutton Place||Sussex Rd.|
|Washington St.||Wiltshire Dr.(3-69;
|Tue. & Fri. Collection|
|Ashton Place||Banbury Cross||Berkeley Rd.||Berkeley Village||Clarendon Ave.
|Covington Rd.||Hess Dr.||Kensington Rd.
|Lakeshore Plaza||Lakeview Place||Majestic Circle
|Melford Place||Oakham Place|
|Old Rockbridge Rd.||N. Clarendon Rd.||S. Avondale Plaza||Stratford Green
|Viscount Ct.||Windsor Terrace||Wilshire Dr.
NOTE: Sanitation pickup at commercial locations occurs five (5) days per week.
- Garbage and refuse containers should not exceed 32 gallons. All containers should be placed in one location with only the materials to be picked up in its proximity.
- Logs or tree limbs must be no longer than three (3) feet, and not more than four (4) inches in diameter and stacked neatly at the curb. This material will be collected as rapidly as possible. Trees, bushes or other vegetation from commercial tree trimmers, landscapers or building contractors will not be picked up by the City.
- Debris will not be picked up from vacant lots unless a sanitation tax is paid to the City.
- Building materials, stumps, dirt, rocks, concrete products, automobile bodies and parts, tires, paint, oil and other liquids, and feces will not be picked up by the City. Return used tires to the dealer.
- Paint cans are picked up only in gallon containers. Cans must be filled with cat litter so there is no remaining liquid.
- Small dead animals (in plastic bags), appliances (take door off refrigerator), furniture, etc. must be placed at the curb and will be picked up once a Special Pickup Request form is received.
- Leaves must be kept separate from other yard debris and other items) for pick up at curbside by leaf vacuum equipment.
- The City participates in the county-wide recycling of Christmas trees. All lights, stands, and decorations must be removed.
- You may transport normal home-generated refuse directly to DeKalb County Disposal Facilities. For locations, operating hours, and acceptable items at these facilities, call 404-294-2900. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>