Join the AEPD
The Avondale Estates Police Department provides a unique, community-oriented policing opportunity for officers that want to work under great leadership, advance their skills under a passionate training officer, develop lifelong bonds with the team of great officers, and serve an appreciative community of citizens.
We are seeking both seasoned professionals as well as new officers that want to make a difference and be the best. Are you professional, reliable and passionate about policing? Then we would love to talk with you about joining our team.
AEPD offers exceptional benefits and a positive culture. Some perks include:
- Average 100 hours of paid POST training per officer per year
- All uniforms and duty equipment provided for the officer
- Late model vehicle and top equipment for state-of-the-art policing tools
- Excellent support from the citizens and the neighborhood watch program
- Four (4) choices for retirement programs
- Salary range: Starting at $49,126 annually with overtime opportunities. This position qualifies for all City benefits including health insurance, pension, and 457 retirement match.
The minimum qualifications for an individual to be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Department include:
- Must be twenty-one years of age.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony crime.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified as a Peace Officer
- Valid Georgia Driver's License and good driving record.
- U.S. Citizen who is physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Pass a detailed background investigation.
If an applicant meets the minimum requirements they may be asked to continue a process that includes:
- A medical examination
- Drug screening
- A psychological evaluation
If you are interested in becoming a member of the AEPD and a vital part of the community, please complete the online application.