Join the AEPD
The Avondale Estates Police Department provides a unique, community-oriented policing opportunity for officers that want to work under great leadership, advance their skills under a passionate training officer, develop lifelong bonds with the team of great officers, and serve an appreciative community of citizens.
We are seeking both seasoned professionals as well as new officers that want to make a difference and be the best. Are you professional, reliable and passionate about policing? Then we would love to talk with you about joining our team.
AEPD offers exceptional benefits and a positive culture. Some perks include:
- Average 100 hours of paid POST training per officer per year
- All uniforms and duty equipment provided for the officer
- Late model vehicle and top equipment for state-of-the-art policing tools
- Excellent support from the citizens and the neighborhood watch program
- Four (4) choices for retirement programs
- Competitive Pay: Non-Cert officer pay starts ~ $38,480 and Cert starts ~ $43,600. Negotiable for the right candidate.
The minimum qualifications for an individual to be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Department include:
- Must be twenty-one years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Be Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified as a Peace Officer or have the ability to become POST certified
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver's License with a good driving record
- Be a U.S. Citizen who is physically and mentally able to perform the essential job duties
- Pass a detailed background investigation.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the AEPD and a vital part of the community, contact the AEPD to make arrangements to pick-up an application or download it here.
Completed applications can be emailed to Captain Paul Conroy, hand-delivered or mailed to City Hall, 21 North Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates. Please provide the application and authorizations forms only and without copies of certifications or other personal documentation. These will be collected during the hiring process. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. AEPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or age.