These projects are consistent with the Downtown Master Plan, a vision created over many years with lots of community input. The parking deck will provide long-term parking solutions for the downtown and is pivotal to enabling these public-private partnerships to move forward.
The advantages of these developments to the City are multi-faceted.
All three projects are:
- Place makers: high-quality projects built to be enjoyed by residents and visitors alike that activate and energize the downtown.
- Revenue generators: projects that will diversify the City’s tax base so less of the City’s tax burden will be carried by single-family residential properties.
The Town Green Market Development:
- Sets the tone for architectural quality in the downtown.
- Attracts the kinds of restaurants and retail that will activate the Town Green and the remainder of the downtown.
The Townhome Community:
- Activates the park with people and businesses day and night.
- Diversifies housing and office options available in the City.
- Adds to the customer base to support desired retail.
The Boutique Hotel:
- Creates a built-in, captured customer base to support retail and drive spending in our business district.
- Provides multiple sources of revenue through property and hotel taxes.