The City is excited to announce it will be hosting its first ever Lantern Parade! This event will be hosted by the Avondale Arts Alliance along with the DeKalb School of the Arts (DSA). Celebrate the community and the arts by parading through the beautiful Avondale Estates neighborhood, wind around the lake for a spectacular display and cut through the woods pathway to Avonwood where the parade will end at DSA's campus for a celebration featuring student performances and kicking off their 30th Anniversary and Annual Fringe Festival!
Meet in the grass triangle at Berkeley Road and Kensington Road at 7 p.m. for socializing and instructions. The parade will begin at dusk (around 8 p.m.). The parade route is 1.3 miles. View a parade map here.
- No flying lanterns
- No dogs
- No fire lit lanterns
- LED/battery powered lights ONLY
- Bicycles are OK, but those using them are asked to walk with their bike
- Golf carts are OK, but must follow pedestrians at the back of the parade
- Strollers and wagons are OK
- 7 p.m. All are invited to gather at the grass triangle at Berkeley Road and Kensington Road
- 7:30 p.m. The DSA chorus will perform Destination Rock 'n' Roll
- 8 p.m. Parade begins!
- 8:30 p.m. Enjoy instrumental music as the parade ends at DSA
- 9 p.m. Welcome and tribute
- 9:15 p.m. Get your dancing shoes ready for the Dance Flash Mob.DJ Block Party, enjoy food from Matador Cantina, and a live jazz band