The City plans to return to City Hall on Feb. 14. Until then, the City will continue with the following changes in operating procedures:
- Public, in-person attendance at all meetings is suspended and City Hall is closed to the public.
- Check the Municipal Court site for the up-to-date schedule changes.
- Public Works employees are working with staggered crews and at a lower capacity. They ask for your assistance with the following:
- Please take garbage containers to the curb on collection day by 7 a.m. If you're physically unable to perform this task, apply for a special assistance waiver.
- Bag your yard waste. Yard wastes in bags and containers will be picked up, but crews will not pick up loose piles of leaves and sticks.
- Do not make special individual requests to Public Works staff or directly to Public Works leaders.
- Recycling will continue to be picked up as scheduled by the City’s contractor.
Steps Being Taken to Return to City Hall
City leadership continues to closely monitoring the COVID-19 case load and hospitalizations in the state of Georgia, as well as staff infections. Additionally in order to reduce transmission, the City has ordered N95 masks and rapid tests for employees, and is hiring additional contract janitorial services to ensure that City Hall is cleaned thoroughly. We look forward to returning to in-person work at City Hall. Thank you for your support.